Thursday, January 20, 2005

Meet me in Saint Louie, Louie...

Boy oh boy, did I have fun in 13 degree weather! Just a blast was had by all; I was there last week for Stampin' Up Leadership Training & a Regional meeting (I'm not from the region, but hey, I was already there!). 1,400 stamp-crazy women in one building. I love my job. Also got to ride up in the St. Louis Arch, Gateway to the West. Freaky, sci-fi, wigs me out at night. Really. I'd seen photos all my life but it's really much more imposing and just plain unnerving in person at night. I fully expected to see 3 moons in the sky when I looked up at it. Then we ride up the thing in wonky, sterile white metal pod-like elevators. Just not anything you expect to encounter in the real world. I had no idea. The views were marvelous, and I'm very glad I did it, but the experience is a perfect example of not being able to grasp something until you're there. All the pictures and descriptions cannot prepare you for it. Not unlike parenthood, that.

Children had a perfectly marvelous time being spoiled by grandparents while I was away, and Kent was in tropical Ecuador once again (He'll be there most of February as well), so I had minimal guilt at being away. It was also a great satisfaction to eat wonderful meals not prepared by moi, make cards, gift boxes & scrapbook pages by day and take bubble baths each night. Ah, yes. A working vacation, I believe it's called. I could go on & on about my job, I LOVE it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home