Sunday, February 27, 2005

Hard day on the Planet

We live in a relatively small town, and dang it if somebody didn't STEAL my purse last week while I was about 10 feet away. Opened my car door and took it off the seat while I was right THERE. Hello? That's for big cities like Charlotte, not little old Boone. I was stinkin' furious as I had my fairly NEW palm pilot (miserable w/out it), all ID, mine AND THE KIDS' Social Security cards, credit/debit cards, the normal life-in-a-bag stuff. PLUS I had just bought the coolest leather purse on big-fat sale for $11. You can bet I ran back to the mall for another one and of course they were gone. Well, of course they were: $50 bags for $11. Dangit.

I'm slowly getting re-documented, but by the time I have enough documents to file a Fraud Alert with the credit companies, this fool could be sitting in Tahiti acting as me or one of my children. ACK! There are worse things in the world, and thankfully they didn't take my CAR (yes, the keys were in it; again, I was right THERE!) or the kids, or whatever.

But it happened late in the afternoon, so after I dealt with the police, I ran home to try to cancel everything before 5pm. THEN, hey, it's after 5pm and welcome to the early 1980s again: there's no way to ACCESS MY MONEY after hours as I have no ATM cards, and my son needs an antibiotic. So I had to borrow money from a dear friend to get medicine for my child. How helpless does that feel, I ask you. Ugh. Okay, I'm ranting but that really STINKS. And I have to explain to my kids why somebody took Mommy's purse and Mary-Chandler says "but I thought there was no such thing as ugly people". Gosh, if we could have only let her have those nice thoughts a little longer than FIVE years old before we step on that belief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home