Monday, September 19, 2005

The Queen turns Six

Lots of squealy, giggly, girls having fun and surrounding the Pooh Bear birthday queen.

I once read a well-written column about a little girl's birthday party, and finally we have reached the age where it came together for me. The scene was laid that as each new guest arrived, the party girls would squeal with delight and run out to the car and meet them, not even waiting for the car to park or the guest to get out, and the little guest would have such joy on their faces to be so well-received. Then the comparison was made to Heaven, and how it must be to arrive there and everyone completely overjoyed to see you. I read that idea long before I had children and it never left me. Now I have perfect imagery as a companion to that theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home